Monday, 2 November 2015

Review // Soap & Glory: Archery Brow Tint and Precision Shaping Pencil

Yesterday I thought to myself. What's my 'thing' with makeup? Some girls love talking about blush, some are foundation addicts, some have an obsession with lipsticks and I think I've figured out mine. Brows. Brows can basically make or break the whole face so I love trying out different brow products!

One brow product that's been on my radar for quite some time was the Soap&Glory Archery Brow Tint & Precision Shaping Pencil. S&G have two eyebrow pencil products this and the S&G Archery 2 in 1 Brow Filling Pencil and Brush, but I choose this one because I wanted to try a brow marker style product which this has.

Review // Soap & Glory: Archery Brow Tint and Precision Shaping Pencil

So the Brow Tint and Pencil is a double ended product that has a very fine felt marker on one end and a retractable pencil on the other. The 'Tint' side is what I was most excited to try and I still get excited every time I go to use it! I have very sparse hairs at the front of my brow so I'm always looking for a product that I can apply super fine to mimic real hair. This is absolutely perfect for that and the fact that its a 'tint' means it's not overly saturated with pigment so it looks just about as natural as it gets.

Review // Soap & Glory: Archery Brow Tint and Precision Shaping Pencil

The other side of the 'Archery Brow Tint and Pencil' is, of course, the pencil side. It's a fairly typical eyebrow pencil, but because I'm used to using my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, I did find this to be a little bit to big and I had to be a lot more careful with it. It's not a deal breaker by any means, but something to be aware of when purchasing.

Review // Soap & Glory: Archery Brow Tint and Precision Shaping Pencil

Here's a swatch of both ends, the 'Tint' on the left and the 'Pencil' on the right.
As you can see the felt marker end is great for creating tiny hairlike strokes and can be made finer or thicker depending on the pressure.

Review // Soap & Glory: Archery Brow Tint and Precision Shaping Pencil

I really do love this product, but its doesn't come without a drawback.. and that's the limited shade range. It's only available in two shades Love is Blond and Brownie Points. You'd be forgiven if you thought this was the lighter of the two, but, unfortunately, its not. I have dark brown/verging on black  hair and I can just about get away with this on my 'natural/no-makeup makeup days. It's easily remedied by going over top with a darker brow gel,  Personally, I love doing my brows so it's not a big deal at all, but it is something to bare in mind if you're thinking about picking it up.

Now I really want to pick up the Archery 2 in 1 Brow Filling Pencil and Brush and give it a whirl, its said to be an almost exact dupe for the ABH Brow Wiz, so I'd like to pit the again each other! 

So there you have it, guys! If you want to pick up the Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint and Precision Shaping Pencil you can do so most Boots stores and online here

2015-14-10--00-45-55

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...